Prior to Listing
The first impression is the most important one. Make your home squeaky clean! It is better that buyers think of fitting the table in the kitchen than how much "work" needs to be done before they can even move in! Freshly painted walls and doors will make an impact and provide a good return on dollars spent. Ask us to evaluate your home, as we know what your competition is in the marketplace.
Here is a List of Must-Dos" for Every Seller
- Keep the front yard neat and trim shrubs so buyers can see your home
- Paint the front door and polish or replace the hardware and front door mat
- Make sure the doorbell is working
- All outdoor lighting should be clean and working (NO cobwebs!)
- Repair exterior wall cracks and paint the house if needed. It is money well spent.
- Clean the driveway and garage of any stains and remove all boxes in the garage to a storage unit or attic
- Garage door should work smoothly
- Shampoo/replace the carpet-neutral colors sell far faster than mixed colors
- Clean the floors, particularly the grout on tile flooring
- No squeaky windows or doors
- Wash the cabinets inside and out
- Tighten all cabinet doors and door knobs
- Paint the interior of the home a light neutral or white color. The home will appear larger and cleaner.
- Windows should sparkle. Clean window coverings and wash the blinds or shutters.
- Repair leaking faucets and caulk bathtubs and showers
- Be sure all toilet seats look new and are firmly attached
- Repair noisy ceiling or ventilating fans
- Kitchen appliances should be spotless
- Pack away and remove all photos, nick-knacks and collectibles
- Extension cords and power strips should be out of sight
- Replace all air filters
- Pool/spa equipment and mechanics should be kept clean and working properly
- Paint or replace fences, gates, and latches (if needed)